Question: Why Does My Lemon Meringue Pie Taste Like Metal?

How do you get rid of the metallic taste in your mouth?

Here are some ways you may reduce or temporarily eliminate taste distortion:Chew sugar-free gum or sugar-free mints.Brush your teeth after meals.Experiment with different foods, spices, and seasonings.Use nonmetallic dishes, utensils, and cookware.Stay hydrated.Avoid smoking cigarettes..

Can Lemon Curd be kept at room temperature?

The sourness depends on the room temperature. You can keep it outside the fridge for about 5–6 hours, if you do not mind little sourness. If you set the curd in an earthen pot, it will remain fresh for a longer time without turning sour.

How do you get the metallic taste out of lemon curd?

Stainless steel, enameled iron or anodized aluminum are all excellent. Don’t use plain aluminum because it reacts with acids in lemon, discolors the curd, and gives it a metallic taste. A large pan is better than a small one to give you ample room to stir the curd. Use a heatproof rubber spatula and whisk.

How does lemon meringue pie taste like?

The crust provides something for you to chew on as well as a rich, buttery pastry flavor. The lemon filling is smooth and creamy. It packs a real punch with the tart lemon flavor but has enough sugar to leave a sweet taste resonating in your mouth. The meringue topping is light and fluffy.

How do I stop my lemon meringue pie from weeping?

More Tips to Stop Meringue from WeepingMake meringue pie on dry, low-humidity days.Don’t overbake your meringue! … Undissolved sugar in the egg whites can also cause weeping. … Always prepare the meringue before preparing the pie filling so it’s ready to spread while the filling is still hot.More items…•

Can lemon meringue pie make you sick?

Uncooked meringues made with raw egg whites may contain salmonella bacteria, which cause salmonellosis. However, salmonella bacteria are usually found in the egg yolk, not the whites, but, uncooked whites are still not considered safe. Once the meringue is cooked, it is safe to eat.